Welcome to the Stampin Friends
Happy NEW Year!!!! Welcome all to 2023!! How are your new year’s resolutions going?? I don’t “do” resolutions, but I do mentally tell myself every year I will not procrastinate on my projects like I have in the past. Yeah, you see where I am going with this, lol.
Any hoot let’s get to the real reason for this blog post…it’s time to get our Stampin’ on! We are starting this year’s blog hop with “Life’s Celebrations”. This is a perfect topic to start with because we all know there will be all types of Celebrations throughout the year. With this post you will have endless ideas for all your Occasions!!
If you are following along the hop, you have arrived from Stephanie’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue to Jo’s blog.
If you get lost along the way, no worries, you can find a list of Blog Hoppers at the end of each Blog. ENJOY!
The Life’s Celebration I chose to focus on for this blog post is a 50th Anniversary!! My Aunt and Uncle are celebrating 50 years of marriage this weekend and what a better way to present them their gift, than with a handmade greeting card. Please accept my apologies in advance, I have used some retired products for this but the focus of the card does use NEW, beautiful designer series paper from Stampin’ Up!’s Sale-A-Bration Catalog. I have been trying to be “good” by not buying EVERYTHING all at once from Stampin’ Up!’s new catalog.
Stamp Set: Always in my Heart (R)
Paper: Basic White CS (8 ½”x5 ½”, 4 1/8” x 5 3/8”); Shimmer White CS (scraps); Dainty Flowers DSP (Oval Image portion)
Ink: Versa Mark, Gold Embossing Powder
Tools/Accessories: Gold Simply Elegant twine, Square Vellum Dollies (R), Bough Punch, Old World 3D Embossing Folder (R), Large Numbers Dies (R)
I tried my hand at lots of layering with different pieces. I find these cards so impressive. I think I did OK with it, but believe I still need to work on a few things.
- My card base is Basic white, I then layered another piece of basic white cardstock embossed with Old World 3D folder.
- On top of this I place the beautiful oval design of Dainty Flowers DSP.
- For my next layer, I punched out some pieces using the Bough punch out of shimmer white paper, followed by a vellum dollie.
- Next , I used a piece of gold simply elegant twine around the edges of the card and finished it off with a small bow.
- The sentiment which is the cards focal point “Happy 50th Anniversary”, was using gold accents. The 50 is die cut out of gold foil paper and the sentiment was made using gold embossing powder on shimmer white cardstock.
I hope you enjoyed my first project of year! I am looking forward to sharing a lot more with you this coming year!! Comments of any kind (well hopefully nice ones, lol) are greatly appreciated, of any kind and then when you are done be sure to hop on over to the next blogger on the list!
See you next month!
Below are some of the products used in my card design.
This is a gorgeous card, perfect for such a special occassion!ReplyDelete
Love the way the frame surrounds the 50th - gotta try that1ReplyDelete
Simply beautiful! What a fantastic card!!!!ReplyDelete