Friday, February 26, 2021

Stampin Friends February Bog Hop - Brighten Your Day!


 Welcome to the Stampin Friends Blog Hop!
Happy February, this month we are Brightening Someone’s Day.  This topic can span across many different situations, it could be sending a get well message, sympathy thoughts, a simple Just Because/Hello and lastly sending some Love.  …I guess you can say my card and project has to do with sending a Hello/Love to brighten a mans day!!!  If you are following along the hop, you have arrived from Steph’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue to Maureen’s blog. If you get lost along the way, no worries, you can find a list of Blog Hoppers at the end of each Blog. ENJOY!


So let’s begin! This month I had it in my head to focus on something Masculine.  I find it soooo easy to create for women or children but often neglect the men in my life. Even with February having Valentine’s Day, all I could muster up was a card, lol.  So I pushed myself and came up with not only a card, but a tic tac toe game board.  The board was very simple, but then again, what guy would want a frilly, cutesie one.
To make my projects I used Stampn’ Up!’s designer series paper and stamp sets.  


MATERIALS NEEDED
Stamp Sets: Game On, Geared Up Garage
Paper: Smokey Slate CS (8 1/2”x5 1/2” & 2 5/8”x3 1/2”); Basic Black CS (4”x5 1/4”); In Good Taste DSP (1 5/8”x3 3/4”); World of Good Specialty DSP (3 3/8”x 3 3/4”) Basic White CS (2 3/8”x3 1/4?” and 1/2”x2 1/4")
Ink: Momento Black Ink, Smokey Slate Ink, Smokey Slate Dark Stampin’ Blends and Petal Pink Light Stampin’ Blends, Black Sharpie, Black and Saddle Brown StazOn Ink.


Lucky Me Card

Although there are many layers, this is a pretty easy layout, one that I will use over and over again, especially with stamps that do not come with dies to cut out the images, lol.
  1. First, I stamp you image on the larger basic white card stock and your sentiment on the smaller one.  Color your image if needed.  Then adhere this to the smaller piece of smokey slate card stock.
  2. Next, I adhered the different layers onto the card base.  The first layer to put down is the basic black.  Then layer the smaller DSP towards the top and the larger piece towards the bottom.
  3. Lastly, I adhered the stamped panel and the sentiment to the card using dimensionals.

Tic Tac Toe Board

     

  1. This is a fun way to brighten someone’s day.  A good old fashion game of Tic Tac Toe! I always love when I can use NON paper products with my stamps and inks.  
  2. For the tic tac toe board, I used a 5 ?”x5 ?’ tile.  This I found at the home improvement store.  Any type will work too.  I measured out the board into six equal portions.  I used a black sharpie to draw the lines.  
  3. Then I used Black and Saddle Brown StazOn ink to decorate the individual squares.  For this board I used the checker board image from Game On stamp set and the “You jump start my heart” phrase from Geared Up Garage stamp set. 
  4. For the game pieces, I used those flat pieces of clear glass that are used in floral vases.  These can be found at your local craft store in the floral department.  To tell the pieces apart (usually they are “X’s” and “O’s”) I have adhered coordinating dsp from the greeting card to the back of the glass pieces.
  

I hope you enjoyed this project as much as I did putting it together!  I am looking forward to sharing a lot more with you this coming year!!  Comments of any kind (well hopefully nice ones, lol) are greatly appreciated.  When you are done here be sure to check out Maureen’s blog for more fun ideas!

See you next month!


Tiziana Milano (US) – You Are Here

6 comments:

  1. What a great idea - I just love this oh so much - going to have to make some of these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your card layout. I struggle with masculine cards too! Tic Tac Toe—that takes me back! Cute idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tiz this is just so fun! I love the idea of the tic tac toe....can I make one at the all day craft day LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your card ... and the game is awesome! Such a fabulous idea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice idea to create a Tic Tac Toe board. This is an awesome gift! I also like the card you are showing. Everything fits so well together!

    ReplyDelete