Friday, January 22, 2021

Stampin Friends January Blog Hop - Birthday Celebrations


Welcome to the Stampin Friends Blog Hop!

Welcome, welcome, welcome 2021…let's sing Happy Birthday to the year!!!  If you are following along the hop, you have arrived from Heidi’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue on to Jean’s blog. 

If you get lost along the way, no worries, you can find a list of Blog Hoppers at the end of each Blog. 

ENJOY!



Welcome one and all to 2021, with this said lets celebrate its birthday!  That’s right January’s Blog Hop is all about Birthday Celebrations!  I don’t know about you, but I spent most of the end of last year focusing on Winter Holidays, so this is a nice change of pace.

Shall we begin? I want to preface this years Blog Hop by thanking Steph for getting me out of the rut of being a Princess of Copy, lol.  (My friend Barbara calls herself Queen of Copy, and I am just a level below her since she has been doing this a lot longer than me.)  Every month see posts a Card Challenge in a group we belong to which forces me to come it with my own designs.  I hope you enjoy this months challenge! 

My Birthday Celebration uses the fun NEW stamp set in the January – June Mini Catalog called Hey Birthday Chick.  The cool thing about this stamp set, they have added a die set and they are bringing back the retired set called “Hey Chic” and have added coordinating dies, wooo hooo!!!

Happy Birthday Dancing Chick Card

MATERIALS NEEDED

Stamp Set: Hey Birthday Chick, Pampered Pets

Paper: Very Vanilla CS (8 ½”x5 ½” & Scraps); Crumb Cake CS (4”x5 ¼” & 4 ¼” x ½”); Poppy Parade CS (2”x4”); Mango Melody (2”x4”) In Good Taste Designer Series Paper (DSP)(scraps); Cherry Cobbler CS (scraps ); Basic White CS (scraps)

Ink: Early Espresso Ink, Basic Gray Ink, Assorted Blends,

Tools/Accessories: Stitched Shapes Framlits Dies; Chick Dies; Birthday Chick Dies; All Dressed Up Dies; Tasteful Textile 3D Embossing Folder; Wrapped In Texture Embossing Folder, Mini Stampin’ Cut

  1. To put my card together, first I sponged just about everything lightly in early espresso ink to give it a dirty look. Chicks do live on farms ya know, lol
  2. I then adhered the crumb cake cs to the very vanilla card front.
  3. I used to different embossing folders for the poppy parade and mango melody cs.  I just wanted to give it some texture so it doesn’t matter which folders you use.  I adhered them to the top of the crumb cake, over lapping each other and making sure there is an even border at the top left and lower right.
  4. Next I die cut some of the fencing and adhered it to the card front on an angle.  Below the fence I added a strip of crumb cake.
  5. My focal point is the “Dancing Chicken” which I stamped on basic white cs and die cut it out using the 2” circle die from stitched shapes framelits dies. I colored her in using blends and adhered it to the center of the card with dimensionals.
  6. Lastly, I die cut the words “Happy Birthday” in basic black cs and the sac of feed using the In Good Taste DSP.

I just have to say the DSP In Good Taste is PERFECT for these dies. The wood grain works well with the fence die and sign, along with the chicken cop!


   

Feed Sack Gift Bag

I thought I would use the “purse” die from All Dressed Up Dies and make it look like a feed sack bag.  Hopefully, that’s what you all see, lol.  Inside the sack, you can fit all kinds of small goodies.  Since this will be a gift, I decided to add a bath bomb (can’t we all use a little pampering?).  Here’s how this comes together.

  1. I die cut the bag out of crumb cake cs and then ran it through the Stampin’ Cut using the Tasteful Texture embossing folder. Then, I lightly sponged this with early espresso ink and built the bag as is. 
  2. I die cut the straps out of cherry cobbler and sponged those as well.  Instead of adhering them from the front to the back, I adhered them from side to side.  I used the buttons to give it more of a country feel also. 
  3. I decorated the front of the sack with the chicken cop die and some fencing.

        

For the bath bomb, I made a simple bag topper.  

  1. I used a 3 ½”  x 3” piece of poppy parade cs, scored at 1 ½”, so when the piece folds, it is 1 ½” in height.
  2. I added more fencing to cover the staples and a sign that says “enjoy”.  The “enjoy” came from the stamp set Pampered Pets.
  3. Lastly, I added the chick eating the cupcake to decorate the bag topper.  I also used blends to color the chick in.

I hope you enjoyed my first project of year!  I am looking forward to sharing a lot more with you this coming year!!  Comments of any kind (well hopefully nice ones, lol) are greatly appreciated, of any kind and then when you are done be sure to hop on over to the next blogger on the list!

 

See you next month!

  

Heidi Collins

Tiziana Milano – you are here!

Jean Beaulieu

Katja Ettig

Jo Blackman

Teri Pocock

Steph Jandrow

Maureen Rauchfuss

Kim Lamos

Melissa Thomas



Click here to bring you to my shopping page to order all of the wonderful products used here!

8 comments:

  1. What a great way to use the new Hey Birthday Chick set and dies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great - I am waiting for my set and dies - can't wait to play now - you've inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute, cute, cute! I played with that set all day yesterday. So fun to see more ways to use it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome awesome!!! I found this stamp set....so glad it didn't sell in my retired pile LOL Who would have thought it would be back!!!! It's on my list to start playing with again!!! And....thanks for the shout out!!! I love the challenges...it keeps me going

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card and projects. Love the chicken stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous projects Tiziana! And sooooo cute! My set is on order and I'm still waiting for it's delivery - Brexit has a lot to answer for!!! I can't wait to get my hands on it :o) xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's gorgeous what you did with the chicken birthday bundle. Great Job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute projects, thank you for sharing x

    ReplyDelete