Friday, May 24, 2024

Stampin Friends May 2024 Blog Hop - Celebrating Men

 

At first, I couldn’t wait for the nice warm weather to arrive, but now I am regretting that decision.  Warmer weather means we are just about halfway through the year, YIKES!  But also, here in the states we get to celebrate Dads with Father’s Day right around the corner.  For this month’s blog hop we are Celebrating Men!  Now this would have been a perfect time to showcase a Father’s Day card, but instead I decided to showcase a 100 Birthday!  I work for Council on Aging, in the Adult Center and one of the residents just turned 100!!!  Can you believe it??? I can’t and his wife is still right by his side, she still has a few years to go to hit the milestone.  It’s amazing to me how they are still plugging along and doing phenomenal!  This card is to celebrate Sonny’s 100 birthday! 

MATERIALS NEEDED

Stamp Set: Take to the Sky Suite Collection

Paper:

Basic White CS: 5 ½” x 8 ½”, scored at 4 ¼”

Night of Navy CS: 3 ¼” x 4 ½”

Basic White CS: scraps

Designer Series Paper (DSP): 2 3/8” x 4”

Ink: Basic Gray; Versa Mark

Tools/Accessories: Basic Gray & Smoky Slate Pearls, white embossing powder

I really didn’t want to use this set because I have a feeling many of us will (well why not, it is so much fun!).  But I did because all my other masculine sets have retired.  Along with this suite, I thought it would be so cool to use a fairly old card technique called the Eclipse technique.  Below are some simple instructions to achieve this technique, trust me, it is easier than it looks!

 

INSTRUCTIONS

Step 1: Cut a piece of DSP that allows room for the word you want to spell. In my case it was the number 100. {TIP: The best words to use should only be four letters long.}  Lay the DSP on the platform of the die-cutting machine, placing the number dies on top. Push them close together (almost touching) and make sure they are straight and in line. Die cut, following machine instructions. In my case I had to do this twice to get the second “0”.

                      

Step 2: Carefully poke out the die cut letters. Make sure to keep any inside portions of letters/numbers, like the center of the “0”. Be careful not to rip the paper when taking it out of the dies.


Step 3: Add SNAIL adhesive to the back of the DSP paper where the letters/numbers were die cut out off, adding some little dots of adhesive in between the letters.

Step 4: Adhere onto a dark cardstock layer (if you’re not using a layer, you can adhere directly on the card base).

Step 5: Place the die cut letters/numbers in their corresponding space (DO NOT USE ADHESIVE) this is to make sure the pattern lines up. 

Step 6: Adhere the inside pieces of the “0” to the cardstock.

Step 7: Remove the letters/numbers and add dimensionals to the backs.  Now adhere the letters/numbers in the empty spaces.

Step 8: Finish off the card anyway you please.  I added a small plane and some accessories, as well as a sentiment stamped with versa mark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.

See easy peasy, I swear!  Now only can this technique be used for words, but this can be used with all kinds of images.  The possibilities are endless!

I can’t wait to see what everyone came up with to celebrate men in their lives.  If you can’t wait as well, be sure to hop on over to Steph’s page!!  Also, if you like what you see, be sure to leave us a comment.  Feedback is always welcome.

 

See you next month!

1 comment:

  1. This is a great card - I love that technique and you used it wonderfully.

    ReplyDelete