Friday, August 26, 2022

Stampin Friends August 2022 Blog Hop - All About the Paper!



Welcome to Stampin Friends Blog Hop! This month is “all about paper”.  As paper crafters, where would we be without paper, lol. The point of this months blog is to showcase all the wonderful that is out, especially my favorite Designer Series paper from Stampin’ Up!  

If you are following along the hop, you have arrived from Jo’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue to Jean’s blog. If you get lost along the way, you can find a list of Blog Hoppers at the end of each Blog.  ENJOY!

I am always amazed (not sure why though) at the product selection Stampin’ Up! has to offer.  My greeting card and 3D project was made using only one of their Designer Series Paper pack and a bunch of coordinating card stock, along with one product bundle.  Below are all the supplies used to make my projects.

MATERIALS:

Season of Chic Bundle
Texture Chic Specialty Designer Series Paper
Gold Foil Sheets
Soft Succulent Card Stock
Petal Pink Card Stock
Melody Mango Card Stock
Soft Suede Card Stock
Basic White Card Stock
Very Vanilla Card Stock
Basic Pearls
Basic Rhinestones
Momento Black Ink

What better way to showcase the beautiful paper this DSP has to offer, then by using just about all the different sheets on one card?  Below is my card along with some simple instructions.

CARD MEASUREMENTS:
Card Base: basic white card stock, 8 1/2 x 5 1/2 scored at 4 1/2”
Second Layer: gold foil 4” x 5 1/4”
Third Layer: 5 pieces of DSP, 15/16” x 3 3/4”
Scraps: soft succulent, petal pink, soft suede and basic white

I do like cards that come together very easily and this is definitely one of them.  The majority of the card is adhered together with adhesive.  The sentiment panel is adhered with dimensional, to make it pop up a little.  Then I embellished it with basic pearls. (These are still my favorite go to embellishments, along with the basic rhinestones).


Another great way to showcase DSP is by making a sampler frame.  When I first noticed the bundle, Season of Chic, in the catalog (I’ll admit, it was just about two weeks ago) I fell in love and thought it would be the perfect bundle for a seasonal frame.  My original plan was to use it in my frame class, but unfortunately, it didn’t come in in time. But  I am excited that I got to use for my blog. Normally, I would make an insert for each season, this is what I did form my class.  However, to be able to use the different sheets of DSP in one frame, I made this one to reflect all four seasons.


             

FRAME
Frame size: 11 x 11, it the mats opening was 4 1/2” x 4 1/2”.  by I enlarged it to be 6” x 6”.
Background stock: Gail Foil 7” x 7”
Squares: 4 pieces of DSP  3 16/17” x 3 16”/17”
Scraps: 5 1/2” x 8 1/2” in petal pink, pool party, mango melody, soft suede, basic white and very vanilla. 1/4” sheet of gold foil


Each square showcases a different season, so I only used the dies for this.  The hardest part for me is always color coordination.  This is how I solved the problem.  I die cut ALL THE PIECES from the dies set (except the background die) in just about all the coordinating colors.  Then I just played around with what I thought worked best.  Here is the final result and of course I used basic rhinestones and pearls to embellish each panel.

To show how fun and versatile you can make these frames, here are the inserts I made for me class.  My apologies for using many retired products.

     

    


I hope you enjoyed my “all about paper” projects!  Don’t forget, comments of any kind (well hopefully nice ones, lol) are greatly appreciated. When you are done here be sure to hop on over to Jean’s Blog.

See you next month!

_____________________________________________ 

Blog Hop Index

 _____________________________________________







5 comments:

  1. Beautiful paper! Great idea for a four season sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous projects, this paper is the most gorgeous paper so I know those projects will be ever more beautiful in real life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So beautiful - love, love the sampler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The sampler was a great idea, I wouldn't have thought that paper would work for all seasons but you have made me a believer.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow this is awesome, i had to really look twice that this was the same set for all the seasons!! So pretty

    ReplyDelete