Friday, May 27, 2022

Stampin Friends May 2022 Blog Hop - Celebrating Men!

 


Welcome to Stampin Friends Blog Hop! This month we are celebrating men which is just fitting because next month we celebrate Father's Day here in the states.

 If you are following along the hop, you have arrived from Steph’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue to Melissa’s blog. If you get lost along the way, you can find a list of Blog Hoppers at the end of each Blog.

ENJOY! 

I know most of us have a hard to buying for the men in our lives, so we tend to give giftcards.  My project this month makes giftcard giving much more fun!

I am using the product suite "He's the Man" from Stampin' Up!  Once again they have out done their self.  The suite includes everything you need to make masculine cards and 3D projects.  Here are mine!

Greeting Card:


SUPPLIES: Early Espresso Card Stock; Crushed Curry Card Stock; He's the Man 12"x12" Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP); Rustic Metallic Adhesive Dots

INSTRUCTIONS: Like I said Stampin' Up! really out did themselves and this time they did it by having one of their printed DSP sheets already laser cut.  There are a ton of pieces that can be used to quickly put a greeting card or scrapbook page together.

  • Card Base = 8 1/2" x 5 1/2" early espresso card stock
  • First Layer = 4" x 5 1/4" crushed curry card stock
  • Second Layer = 3 3/4" x 4 3/4" camper print DSP checked print visible; 2 pieces of 1 1/2" x 3 3/4" camper print DSP with camper print visible.
  • Lastly I did die cut the crushed curry "banner" to add to the cluster in the center of my card.  The circle piece and arrow is one of the laser cut pieces that comes in the DSP.  And yes I blinged a masculine card with rustic metalic adhesive dots.


Smores Themed Gift Card Holder:

SUPPLIES: Soft Succulent Card Stock; He's the Man 12"x12" Specialty Designer Series Paper (DSP); Cajun Crase Card Stock; Rustic Metallic Adhesive Dots, Twine

SIDE NOTE: Please ignore the "seasonal" marshmallow peeps (lol).  
 
I thought I would disguise a gift card for my 3D project.  I think getting a gift card in your greeting card or one of the provided envelopes is soooo boring!  So here is an alternative way which can be replicated for anyone in your life. It's a mini smores kit that includes the gift card in the reusable waterproof case!  Just an FYI, you can buy the water proof case at most out doors shops.
 
INSTRUCTIONS: 
  • For the case I removed the insert and used it as a template which I traced onto a piece of DSP. The piece of DSP used is approximately 6" x 4".  I then scored in the same spots as the "template" so it would slide into the case as the original insert.
                    













  • For part of the "smores" kit, yes I used a snowman peep for the marshmallow and scooby snacks for the graham crackers (these are my favorite)!  I placed them in a cello bag and tied the top with some twine.  I then used one of the pieces from the laser cut sheet in the "He's the Man" DSP to decorate the cello bag.  
           
  • If you have the mini Hersey bars you could add them to this kit.  I only had the large bars on hand so I made a pouch to hold it. You could "hide" the giftcard in this pouch also. 
  • To make the pouch I used a piece of 5 2/2" x 6" DSP.  It is scored at 1 5/8" on either side when holding the piece of DSP landscape.  Then scored at 1/2" on one side when holding the piece of DSP portrait. Then I trimmed as shown in the image.
  • Then you just place adhesive on the tab and on the flap to close up the pouch.  You can punch a circle or die cut a shape at the top of the pouch to expose more of the chocolate bar.
  • Once again I used some of the pieces from the laser cut sheet of DSP, I die cut the banner out of soft succulent card stock and stamped the "compas" image in early espresso on the cajun craze DSP.  I then added this to the pouch with some twine.
         

 I hope you enjoyed my Celebrating Men card and 3D project!  Don’t forget, comments of any kind (well hopefully nice ones, lol) are greatly appreciated. 

When you are done here be sure to hop on over to Melissa’s Blog.         See you next month!

Blog Hop Index

__________________________________________________________________


 
 
 
EARLY ESPRESSO CARDSTOCK (119686 | $9.25)
EARLY ESPRESSO INK (147114 | $8.00)
CRUSHED CURRY CARDSTOCK (131199 | $9.25)
SOFT SUCCULENT CARDSTOCK (155776 | $9.25)
CAJUN CRAZE CARDSTOCK (119684 | $9.25)
HE'S ALL THAT BUNDLE (159079 | $45.00)
HE'S THE MAN SPECIALTY DSP (159068 | $15.00)
RUSTIC METALLIC ADHESIVE DOTS (159082 | $8.00)

6 comments:

  1. Great Idea for the s'mores it! So perfect with the camping theme of the card. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you went with a smores theme. So fun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous projects ... thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant projects, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete