Friday, March 25, 2022

Stampin Friends March 2022 Blog Hop - Monochromatic March!

 Welcome to Stampin Friends Blog Hop! It is Monochromatic March! If you are following along the hop, you have arrived from Teri’s’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue to Melissa’s blog. If you get lost along the way, you can find a list of Blog Hoppers at the end of each Blog.

So the color I decided to use, I guess isn’t really a color, lol, I picked Black.  I’ve also went back to using card sketches so that I can create a card and not CASE a card.  I know there is nothing wrong in CASEing, but it feels good being creative!  Funny thing about this month’s card and project…absolutely NO stampin’ involved…say what???! 

 

MATERIALS NEEDED:

Basic Black Cardstock

Basic White Cardstock
Whisper White Ink
All Together  6" X 6” Designer Series Paper
Here For You Dies
Brick & Mortar 3D Embossing Folder
White 3/4” Frayed Ribbon
Classic Matte Dots
Pendant Kit

Today more than ever our friends, family and even strangers need to know we are here for them.  So I used this months Blog to showcase a gift set that can be given to someone going through a hard time.

The card is letting the receiver know, I am here for them.  The card sketch I used is
by Julie Tilman.  I thought this would be perfect to show off the different patterns of DSP found in the All Together 6”x6” pack, along with using the main focal piece of DSP, “pinky square”.  Here are some simple instructions.

  1. Card base is basic white cardstock, 8 1/2” x 5 1/2”, folded in half to become 4 1/4” x 5 1/2”.
  2. The first layer is 4” x 5 1/4” basic black yardstick which I dry embossed using the 3D folder Brick & Mortar.  I think dragged the whisper white ink pad across the top.  This left the white ink on the raised “bricks”.
  3. The second layer is a piece of White Frayed ribbon (4 3/4”) banner cut at both ends.
  4. I used two different DSP patterns from the All Together pack, the diamond pattern is 2 1/4” x 3 3/4” adhered to the card base with dimensionals vertically.  The next layer is the “pinky swear” pattern (3” x 2 1/2”).
  5. For my sentiment I used the die cut “here for you”.  I was so excited that this phrase, once die cut stays together!!  This makes adhering it super easy!
  6. Lastly, I added three white classic matte dots to the lower right hand corner.

To go along with the card, I created a simple piece of jewelry, a pendant necklace.  I think these pendant kits are just amazing.  You can customize and personalize these to suit anyone and any theme!  So, to let the person know I am here for them always, I created a pendant that they can wear.  The DSP I used is the “pinky swear” and my packaging was really easy to make.  To make the necklace holder, I layered a 3” x 3” piece of DSP on top of a piece of 3 1/4” x 3 1/4” of basic black cardstock.  I punched two 1/16” holes at the top about an inch in from either side and an half inch from the top.  Then I cut a slit from the top to the holes that I punched.  This will hold the necklace cord in place. Now, I can slip this into a jewelry bag or a small burlap bag.  How easy and awesome is this!

I hope you enjoyed my monochromatic March card and project!  Don’t forget, comments of any kind (well hopefully nice ones, lol) are greatly appreciated. When you are done here be sure to hop on over to Melissa’s Blog.
See you next month!

___________________________________________________________________

BASIC BLACK 8-1/2" X 11" CARDSTOCK (121045  |  $8.75)
WHITE 3/4" (1.9 CM) FRAYED RIBBON (158138  |  $7.50)
UNINKED STAMPIN’ PAD & WHISPER WHITE REFILL  (147277  |  $9.50)
BASIC WHITE CARDSTOCK (159276 | $9.75)
ALL TOGETHER 6" X 6" DSP (160039  |  $11.50)
HERE TOGETHER BUNDLE (160263  |  $48.50)
CLASSIC MATTE DOTS (158146  |  $7.00)
BRICK & MORTAR 3D EMBOSSING FOLDER (149643  |  $10.00)
 
   
 



 

6 comments:

  1. I love the brick embossing on the DSP--what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great - would love to know where you found the blank pendants - what a great gift!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen, sorry for the delay...there a lot of places to get the pendants, but my favorite place is www.craftfantastic.com. They have the best glue to hold everything together too.

      Delete
  3. Live the block and white color scheme. I will keep that card sketch for a future project. Creating the card design is the hardest part for me, and I often use card sketches for inspiration. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!!! Adorable!!! Adorable!!! Nice job Tiz!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful projects .. the pendant is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete