Friday, September 24, 2021

Stampin Friends September Blog Hop - Say it with Sentiments

 

This month our blog hop is about focusing on sentiments to create your card and project.   

All I can say is YIKES!  I’m not good at just using sentiments, I kind of do not understand the concept, but I gave it a shot.  I hope you do not find my card to simple or tacky, but I thought it would be a great card for one of the many little ones in my family.  I have two nephews that are 4 and 3, and then a god daughter that just turned 1.  I think this card is just perfect for kids at these ages.


 

Time to grab your favorite apple cider drink (it is apple season after all) and sit back and check out this month’s projects in Stampin Friends Blog Hop.  If you are following along on the hop, you may have arrived from Steph’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue to Jo’s blog.  If you get lost along the way, no worries, you can find a list of Hoppers at the end of each Blog.

 

Let’s get started, shall we…again I geared my card for very young kids and of course my theme had to be Halloween.  I just need to make two more and I will be done with gifts for Halloween!

For the card, I tried to give the ghost the same shape as the stamp from the Cute Halloween Suite.  It is not your normal 4 ¼”x5 ½” card.  This is a full sheet of paper folded in half.  

 

 

Materials you will need for the card:

Basic White Card Stock (cs)

Momento Black Ink

Smoky Slate Ink

Cutest Halloween Bundle

 

Basic Instructions:

1.    I started with 8 ½”11” basic white cs as my base.  This is folded in half.  With a pencil I lightly drew the shape of the ghost image from the stamp set Cutest Halloween.  I made sure when I got to the folded side to draw off of the card stock.  That way it will open like a card.

2.    Cut out the ghost image to make the card base.  I then stamped the words “Hey, Boo” in smoky slate, by stamping off first, this way it is a lighter shade of gray.  I filled up the whole card front with the same words, off setting them but filling up the whole card front.

3.    I made eyes using ½” circle punch, and the mouth is just a 2” circle punched twice to get a small semi-circle.  I then trimmed it as shown.

4.    On a piece of basic white cs scrap, stamp the ghost image, along with the cute face that corresponds with it. Either fussy cut it out or use the punch. Set aside

5.    Then on a piece of basic white card cs (approximately 5/8”x 3 ½”) stamp the sentiment “Have a Fa(boo)lous Halloween.  I then banner cut one side and layered this on a piece of black cs about an 1/8” larger.

6.    Lastly, I adhered the banner on with dimensionals, along with the ghost to the front of the card base.

Easy peasy and I think it will be perfect for kids ages 1 to 5

 

 

In keeping with the Halloween theme, I went with the coffin treat box. Although it is made with a retired item, I have noticed there are a ton of templates out there to make them.

 

 

Materials you will need for the box:

Coffin Treat Box (retired) or template

Cutest Halloween Bundle

Cobweb 3D embossing Folder

Cute Halloween 6”x6” DSP

Black & White Gingham Ribbon

Note Tag Punch (retired)

Gorgeous Grape Ink

Momento Black Ink

Window Sheet 

 

Basic Instructions:

1.    First, I covered the exposed bottom pieces with DSP from Cute Halloween.  I then, glued together the coffin together to make the bottom part.

2.    For the cover of the coffin, I applied DSP just to the top, not the sides.

3.    I decorated the top with a note tag, stamped with the sentiments “Trick or Treat”.  After this, I ran it through the Big Shot using the cobweb 3D embossing folder.  To give it some dimension I also sponged the edge.

4.    To finish off the coffin cover, I cut a slit on either side of the note tag.  Then I ran the black and white gingham ribbon and secured It to the cover.

5.    The neat thing I added to this, is when you open the coffin some ghosts “pop” out at you.  I did this by cutting a piece of window sheet 4 ¼”x 1”.  I scored it at the 1 ½” mark and gave it a light fold.  I adhered the smaller panel inside the coffin and added the ghosts to the longer.  NOTE: Be sure to keep the ghosts just slightly wider than the window sheet.  If not, they will get stuck in the coffin.  Then you can add to treats under the window sheet.

 

           

I hope you enjoyed my Say it with Sentiments projects!  I hope I accomplished what was asked of me!!  If not, I think you still got some cool ideas! 
 

Don’t forget, comments of any kind (well hopefully nice ones, lol) are greatly appreciated. When you are done here be sure to hop on over to the next blogger on the list.

 

See you next month!


Jo Blackman (UK)
Barb Pfeffer
Katja Ettig
Jean Beaulieu
Teri Pocock (UK)
Melissa Thomas (USA)
Stephanie Jandrow (USA)
Tiziana Milano (USA)

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the coffin--that feels weird to say but it is so cool!

    ReplyDelete