Thursday, August 20, 2020

Stampin Friends August Blog Hop - Well Wishes!

 


Welcome to the Stampin Friends Blog Hop!


This month’s theme is Anything Goes! If you are following along the hop, you have arrived from Ann Marie Hile’s blog. Be sure to read through my blog, comment below and continue to Kim Lamos blog. If you get lost along the way, you can find a list of Blog Hoppers at the end of each Blog. ENJOY!


 

Well Wishes come in many forms, they way I chose to approach this topic is one that I am sure many can use, especially during this pandemic. My Well Wishes is for someone who may not be feeling well.  Doesn’t a cup of tea or hot cocoa make everyone feel better???   Oh and we all use a bunch of facial tissues too, so I incorporated that into my card.

 

 

Get Well Soon Greeting Card




I’ve seen a similar card on Pinterest quite some time ago and pinned it hoping to make one right away.  Well here we are years later and I finally am!  When this theme popped up, I just couldn’t wait to give it a try.  Doesn’t it look like the cutest little box of facial tissue?  To make the box all you need to do is a piece of DSP cut to 3”x2 ¼” and then you will score all sides ¼” and ½” from the edge.  Then just cut a couple of corners, fold it down and your done.  This is an open box in the back, but that is OK since it is adhered to the card and you will never see the back.  I created the opening with the large oval punch and then used the scalloped large oval punch to create the border around the opening. Below is everything I used to make this card.

 



INGREDIENTS

Stamp Set: Timeless Tulips

Paper: Soft Sea Foam (4 ¼”x8 ½”)

Pretty Peacock (4”x5 ¼”, 2 ¼” x1 ½”, scraps)

Whisper White (scraps)

Forever Greenery DSP (3 ¾”x5”, 3”x2 ¼”)

Ink: Pretty Peacock

Tools/Accessories: Large Oval Punch (r); Large Scallop Oval Punch (r); Lovely Labels Pick a Punch; Ribbon, Facial Tissue

 

INSTRUCTIONS:

  1. Fold in half the 4 ¼”x8 ½” soft sea foam cs, adhere 4”x5 ¼” pretty peacock to the card front.  Then adhere the Forever Greenery DSP to the top of this.
  2. Attach the 2 ¼”x1 ½” pretty peacock cs towards the top in the center.  Using scraps of pretty peacock, cut two thin strips and adhere them on the sides of the box. Then adhere the facial tissue box to the center of this. 
  3. Cut a piece of facial tissue and tuck it into the box.
  4. Stamp the words “get well soon” from the Timeless Tulip stamp set onto whisper white cs, in pretty peacock ink. The paper size I used is ½” x 2 ¾”.  Then punch the edges using the Lovely Labels Pick a Punch. Next create a background for this piece with a piece of ¾”x 3” pretty peacock cs.  Again, punch the edges with punch.  Adhere this to the card front towards the bottom with dimensionals
  5. Make a bow out of coordinating ribbon and adhere it to the left of the label.

 

 

Get Well Soon Hot Drink Pack


Onto the yummy part of my project with the theme Wellness Wishes.  Stampin’ Up! has come out with these really neat coffee cups and carrier.  When I ordered these I thought they were very mini cups and carrier…to my surprise they are not.  Which makes these even better since they are really usable!   They can be found in the Heartwarming Hugs suite in the August-December Mini Catalog.  If you are wondering why Stampin’ Up! has started bundling products in suites, it is to take ALL of the guesswork at finding what matches. So when you order a Suite it comes with bundles at their normal 10% discount and then just about anything 

else you will need to make cards, 

scrapbook pages, or home decor items, 

yippee!!

 


INGREDIENTS:

Stamp Set: Dandelion Wishers, Warm Hugs

Paper:

Soft Sea Foam (1 7/8”x 2 ½”, scraps for cup bands and circle for the tea bag holder)

Pretty Peacock (2”x5 ½” (2), 2”x2 ½” (2), scraps for cup bands)

Whisper White (1 5/8”x 2 ¼”, scraps for tea tag, box tag and coffee cups)

Forever Greenery DSP (1 ¾”x 5 ½” (2), 1 ¾”x  2 ½” (2), 2”x8 ½”, 2 5/8”x12”, scraps for box tag and coffee cups)

Ink:Pretty Peacock ink and light stampin’ blends, Soft Suede ink and dark stampin’ blends, Real Red ink

Tools/Accessories:Warm Wraps Dies, ¾” Circle Punch, 1” Circle Punch, Scallops Tag Punch, Ribbon, Mini Coffee carrier, Mini Coffee Cups, Wrapped in Texture embossing folder 

 



INSTRUCTIONS:

If I am too wright up instructions for all these pieces, it will take days…so instead I will give you some tips.

  1. You will need two coffee wrappers to go around the cup.  Also, use tear tape to adhere them together or any sturdy adhesive.
  2. Die cut your pieces first, emboss second.
  3. I used some adhesive to hold the hot cocoa packet and tea bag in the holder.
  4. Have in decorating these items (I know I did) the stamp sets that are in the suite have mostly to do with the Holidays coming in the Fall and Winter, but I thought the sentiment “Eat, Drink and be Cozy” works just as well for someone not feeling good.




 

I hope you enjoyed my projects this month!  I had a lot of fun putting them together and sharing them with you!  I would really appreciate a comment of any kind (well hopefully a nice one, lol) and then when you are done be sure to hop on over to the next blogger on the list!



 


 

Steph Jandrow

Jo Blackman

Katja Ettig

Rachael Rife

Teri Pocock

 Jean Bolen Beaulieu

Sue Vine

 Kim Quade - US

Heidi Collins 

Barbara Welch - US

Maureen Rauchfuss - US

Anne Marie Hile

 Tiziana Milano  -You Are Here 

Kim Lamos

15 comments:

  1. GREAT project! I simply love this paper, it is one of my very favorites. You did a beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice!!! That bundle has been on my Wish List for some time, and NOW it's a priority. Cute little Kleenex box card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just soooo cute - love this project - I have to copy that little kleenix card - just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too darn stinkin CUTE!!! Love your card and project!!!!🤗❤️🤗❤️

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tissue box card, very creative. The paper is perfect for your projects.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great showcase of the bundle, it's on my list to get. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun the card is awesome!!! And I’ve yet to use my mini cups and carrier
    So many projects on my to do list but this will be a top one for sure!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That card is so clever and I love the to go cup carrier!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super cute card and project! Love the unique idea of the tissue!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness is this ever CUTE, Tiziana! That little tissue box on the card is darling and super creative. I just love all of the awesome detail on your projects, too. So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMGoodness. That little kleenex box is the cutest. Your project would be wonderful to receive.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous projects! That card is soooo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a real beautiful way to show these suite and all the products. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous projects, especially love the tissue card x

    ReplyDelete